Welcome to Hester's Heart!
The title of my blog and following byline portrays what God has put in my heart, not because I've spiritually arrived,' nor because my spiritual maturity exceeds anyone. Let's clarify; no one 'spiritually arrives,' and if they think they have, may their departure back to their knees be swift. But rather, I believe God's desire is evident in Scripture, for every follower of Christ to grow into maturity in their faith. I am merely His tool to offer encouragement as I share from my own weak places, the areas of growth He needs me to weed and cultivate, in order to live more Christlike.
The Lord defines my purpose in ministering to women through writing, speaking and teaching His Word. As I share from a heart being shaped by God and His Word, my prayer for us all is to be encouraged in our faith as we pursue Christ and be challenged to go deeper with our Lord. "So that, the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming." Hebrews 4:12b-14
As a pastor’s wife and mom of three delightful and way too energetic boys, I’m often exercising just to keep up with them . . . my patience, my tongue and my abs from laughing a lot. In my spare time I enjoy laundry, lowering toilet lids, scrapping gum off plates (that have already gone through the dishwasher) and being a conflict manager. Most days you will find me in the carpool line, being tutored by my son in Grammar and praying my family will not choke on my newest recipe.
Friends, here's the deal: I’ve been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb and am being led by the Great Shepherd’s graceful hand. I am just an ordinary girl striving to please my extraordinary King. I am continually humbled by God’s lavish love and undeserving grace. My desire is to travel from mediocrity to spiritual maturity in my life while pursuing internal purity versus external piety.
Through my years of failure, heartache and surrender to the Lord, He graciously teaches me His Truth in loving Him more than anything. God challenges me in my faith; to live boldly and allow my belief/faith to penetrate every aspect of my life; to move beyond saying or thinking the right things, but actually living them!
I serve an audience of One. Soli Deo Gloria!
Joyfully His, Hester
Photography by Kozup Photography - www.Kozup.com
Statement of Faith:
* I believe in One God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
* I believe in Jesus Christ’s deity, virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, burial, resurrection and His ascension to heaven.
* I believe the Bible is the only inspired, inerrant, authoritative Word of God and revelation to man.
* I believe salvation is by grace through faith and there is nothing one can do to save themselves.
* I believe in baptism by immersion for penitent believers.
* I believe the Holy Spirit indwells and empowers believers to live a godly life and is given as a seal and a pledge of our eternal inheritance in Christ.
* I believe in the Great Commission: to lead people of all nations to faith and maturity in Christ.
* I believe in the resurrection of those who are saved and those who are lost. Eternal glory awaits believers in heaven and everlasting punishment for unbelievers in hell.
* I believe in the second coming of Christ.
* I believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.